Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Feb 1996 11:58:00 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mr B J Chambers <bjc22940@GGR.CO.UK>
Subject:      Overnight sessions of SAS/CONNECT - PC to VAX

Hi there SASlers,

I have a question regarding SAS/CONNECT. Consider the scenario of a PC MS-LAN network and a mainframe VAX cluster.

We need to run a overnight job on the PC network to copy data from the VAX to PC network. In the day, this can be done interactively using SAS/CONNECT to prompt a user for their VAX login-id and password to establish a remote connection. Is there any way to get this sort of SAS/CONNECT system to run overnight and copy from VAX to PC without having to hardcode account passwords into DOS batch files or SAS code ?

While I am at it, does anyone have any code I can use for MS-DOS to run a SAS batch job and then resubmit itself for the next night - surely this can be done ??

Any responses to private mail please as well as the list as I don't always have time to read all the digests ! (bjc22940@ggr.co.uk)

Yours (in total MS-DOS and PC ignorance),

Bruce - long suffering Data Scientist !