Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Mar 1996 10:04:07 GMT
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ralph Wesseling <ralph@FISHER.PSY.VU.NL>
Subject:      Re: 6.1.2 continually hangs under Win95 & Mac

In article <schimmel-2203961031270001@pi10.psy.vu.nl>, schimmel@psy.vu.nl (Jacco Schimmel) wrote:

> In article <DoMv3v.H8u@watserv3.uwaterloo.ca>, > jhansen@watarts.uwaterloo.ca (Janice Hansen) wrote: > > > Does anyone else have this problem? I'm running this on a Pentium with 16 > > megs of ram and oodles of space...but whenever I do anything halfway > > complex with a graph (like try to edit it) it's a toss-up whether the > > program will freeze or not. > > > > When I exit to the desktop and try to launch SPSS again, I get told that > > a dll file can't load, and have to reboot. Argh... > > > > Does version 7 have any such problems? > > > > Thanks, > > Janice > > Yes, anyone else does have this problem! The version 7.0 is supposed to be > a lot better, because it is a WIN-95 application, contrary to 6.* > versions. > Fortunately, the problem 'only' appears when using the chart carousel... > > Jacco.

I believe the chart carousel is a bit iffy. Even on the Mac it causes many problems and headaches. I am experienencing Internal XVT errors sometimes when enetering the chart carousel, this occurs when I try to define a scatter plot (for example). This occurs on all the Power Pc in our building. Does any one know about this problem? We use Power Pcs 5300 with 16megs of ram.

--

Wanted for arson. Suspect approximately 3 tons, 200 ft long, scaley. Wanted Dead Definitly Dead Reasonable reward