Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Mar 1996 14:54:38 EST
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "F.Joseph Kelley" <JKELLEY@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
Subject:      SESUG Call for STUDENT Participation
Comments: cc: Grace Lossman <grace@interactive.net>,
          Frank DiIorio <fcd@asg-inc.com>

SouthEast SAS Users Group

SESUG

Call for STUDENT Participation

SESUG Regional Conference: Oct 13-15, 1996

Atlanta, GA

Are you a graduate student (or someone who knows a graduate student) using the SAS System who wants to participate in a professional conference of SAS System users? If so, the SouthEast SAS User Group (SESUG) is interested in receiving an abtract, by April 15, of a paper which describes how you've used the SAS System for a graduate research project. Up to eight student authors will be invited to present their papers in the Statistics Section at our 1996 annual conference, which will be held October 10-13 at the Swissotel in Atlanta.

Students who are selected to particiapte in our conference will receive a valuable package of benefits, including waiver of their conference registration fees. In addition to presenting their research results at a professional conference and having their paper published in the conference proceedings, the selected students will have an opportunity to meet key SAS Insitute staffers, observe demonstrations of the latest SAS System software products, attend social events for conference attendees, and interact with SAS System professionals from around the United States.

An abtract is due by April 15, to the conference's graduate student coordinator, Andrew Karp (address below). The abstract should, in approximately 100 words, outline the topic of the paper. The abstract and accompanying application form, available from Mr. Karp, will be used to select students who will be invited to participate in the conference. Although we welcome abstracts from graduate students at any institution, we plan to reserve at least of the six papers for students enrolled at universities in the SESUG 'territory:" DC, VA, SC, NC, GA, KY, TN, FL, MS. Applications will be considered from those students who are currently enrolled in a graduate program, are at least 21 years old as of the first day of the conference, and who will commit to attending the entire conference. Students selected to participate will be provided with a copy of the conference participation guidelines and are expected to adhere to them. In addition, students who attend the conference are expected to meet their costs of transportation, lodging, and incidential expenses.

Students who want more information, or who may be unsure about whether they meet the criteria for participation, are welcome to contact Mr. Karp, either by telephone or e-mail. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Andrew H. Karp Sierra Information Services 1489 Webster Street #1308 San Francisco, CA 94115 415/441-0702 SFBAY0001 @ AOL.COM