Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 10 Mar 1996 15:27:46 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   AdamHndrx <adamhndrx@AOL.COM>
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: landscape

> Hi, folk,

> I have a simple question. I want to creat a report with a landscape > format. I am using unix sas 6.08 and runing SAS at batch mode. I use > FILE statement and set the PAGESIZE=42 and LINESIZE=170. The code is > shown below.

> options ps=42 ls=210; > data _null_; > set test; > file print notitle header; > put ........

> However, I always got a portrait report. > Does everyone know how to get a landscpae format.

> Thanks

Here's a Bourne Shell Command file I wrote to print Base SAS output in Landscape format using 14 chars./inch, 8 char. left margin and 13 line top margin on an HP Laserjet IV. The PCL scripts can be incorporated in a DMS print form also. I work on a Sun Sparcstation 20 Model 50 using SunOS 4.1.3. I use the the following SAS option for landscape printing:

options ls=128 ps=42;

-- lprint (UNIX Command file) --

cat $pcl/land.pcl $1 $pcl/reset.pcl | lp

Note: $pcl - UNIX environment variable containing the location of the sytemwide Printer Control Language directory.

$1 - First command line argument. Contains the name of the text file to print.

-- land.pcl --

^[&l1O ^[(s14H ^[&a8L ^[&a13E

-- reset.pcl

^[E

Adam Hendricks ICOS Corporation Bothell, WA