Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Mar 1996 15:17:56 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jin Qian <j.qian@CGNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: descriptive statistics

Zi Qing:

Thank you for your reply. Your suggestion works fine with small data sets. However, I have a relatively large data set with about 500 variables of 6000 observations. Two PROC TRANSPOSE and one PROC SORT takes too much time and space.

Currently, I just use PROC CONTENTS DATA=MYDATA SHORT; to get a print out of all variable in the data set sorted alphabetically and copy/paste them into the VAR statement in PROC MEANS. This will give me ugly looking program but it sure saves time and can get the job done.

Thanks agains for your reply.

Jin Qian