Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 11:36:57 -0500
Reply-To: Phil Gallagher <pgallagh@MAIL.CATO.COM>
Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From: Phil Gallagher <pgallagh@MAIL.CATO.COM>
Organization: Cato Research Ltd.
Subject: Color Printers for SAS/GRAPH?
To my amazement, it is possible that my employers will purchase for
me a color printer to use with SAS/GRAPH. I don't care one bit about
anything else it might be used for. Never ever having had access to a
color printer before, I have no idea what to ask for. Got any advice?
1. Within limits, I'm not too worried about throughput (i.e., graphs per
minute). I design my graphs to be legible in black and white, and I can
get away with that in a pinch if we are in a panic to get something to
Federal Express by 17:00. (I try to avoid that!) In addition, I set my
work up as "batch" jobs, so I can set one going and head out for lunch if
the printing is a trifle slow.
2. I do want excellent resolution and first class final appearance.
These graphics have to satisfy fussy statisticians who want to see every
detail as well as business types who can understand only glitz.
1. Recommendations for the cheapest printers that will give first class
output with 6.11 SAS/GRAPH? (Remembering that I am willing to give up
speed, if I absolutely must.)
2. Recommendations in higher price ranges, if dreams were to be
3. Comments in general about desirable requirements for color printers
Thanks in advance,