Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 15 Apr 1996 18:00:00 PDT
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Melvin Klassen <KLASSEN@UVVM.UVIC.CA>
Subject:   Re: FILE naming

Ted Mellnik <tmellnik@VNET.NET> writes: >Hi, I'd like to write a DATA step that creates a separate target file >for each observation & writes a form to each file. >I'd like to name the target files based on a var in each obs. >My question is, how does one create & name the target files?

DATA; Y=EXP(1); X='1'; OUTPUT; Y=ATAN(1)*4; X='3'; OUTPUT; DATA _NULL_; SET; NAME='File' || X; FILE AnyName FILEVAR=NAME; PUT 'The value' Y= ' is being written to file=' NAME; RUN;