Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Apr 1996 14:13:19 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         GERALD ZUCKIER <ZUCKIER@CHIME.ORG>
Subject:      Re: How do I keep output together on LAN? -Reply

One option which may or may not be what you want is to tamper with the Novell printer capture command. The timeout parameter sets how long Novell waits after your PC stops sending print output before it decides the job is done and sends the buffer to the printer; if you set NOTIMEOUT for whatever printer port SAS thinks it's printing on, all your SAS output will be stuck in a buffer until you close SAS, then will all be sent to the printer in one big print job. You can either run capture from a DOS prompt before you open windows, or within windows you can open the control panel, open the printers icon, and open the network connection, and set the timeout there to 0, I believe. I'm working from memory here, we're Vaxing now.