Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1996)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 May 1996 09:15:54 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Peter H. Hartmann, FI" <phhart@WISO-R610.WISO.UNI-KOELN.DE>
Subject:      Pairwise deletion with cluster / proximities

Indeed it is a problem that it is not possible to use pairwise deletion of missing values with proximities. I think it would be easy to include such an option into the proximity module and I cannot understand why this thing only does listwise and include! Consider, e.g., that correlation uses pairwise as default, so why should it be impossible in proximities. When, e.g., you use proximities to generate matrices of Yule's Q coeffi- cient (I see no other way of doing this than using pairwise), it usually makes a lot of sense to use pairwise deletion!

Peter H. Hartmann Univ. of Cologne Germany