Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 May 1996 09:34:50 PDT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         TWB2%Rates%FAR@GO50.COMP.PGE.COM
Subject:      Re: sas help needed
Comments: To: zhang02@ASSETS.WHARTON.UPENN.EDU

Often it means that you have multiplied two numbers which are each more than half the maximum size supported on your platform. The largest value on MVS is roughly 7*10**16. Thus if you multiple 7*10**15 by 100, there is no way for SAS to store the result.

Tim Berryhill - Contract Programmer and General Wizard TWB2@PGE.COM or http://www.lookup.com/Homepages/92062/home.html Frequently at Pacific Gas & Electric Co., San Francisco The correlation coefficient between their views and my postings is slightly less than 0 ----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:Dan Zhang <zhang02@ASSETS.WHARTON.UPENN.EDU> What does "Floating Point Overflow" mean? I got this message from the SAS-Log file and my SAS program stopped at this point. How can I avoid this problem?

Thanks for the help.

Dan Zhang