Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1996, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 May 1996 15:45:23 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Andrew James Llwellyn Cary <ajlcary@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Exporting formatted output to Word

Marc R. Feldesman wrote: > > I have SAS 6.11 to use the SAS Monospace TT font in 10 point type. When > I complete my analysis I save the output to a file. When I bring the > file into MS Word (Win 95 Version 7.0a), all of the tabbing is lost and > the formatting is shot to hell. Is there another way to handle the > output so that this doesn't happen. Thanks. > > -- > Marc R. Feldesman feldesman@worldnet.att.net > 05/24/96 14:32 > --------- > Using: OUI 1.5 Beta 2 from http://www.dvorak.com

I just tried this with some of my output and it worked fine.

Things to note:

(1) SAS does not save Font or formatting information in an output file. The file is saved as spaces and text. No tabs, characters are separated by blanks. Pages by the FF character.

(2) The font SASMonospace may-or-may-not be available to applications other then SAS. For it to be available to non-SAS applications, it must be installed using the font-manager. This is not a default during the SAS installation. These fonts reside in SAS\CORE\SASDLL.

(3) Word's default font when you bring in a document is usually Times Roman (unless you've changed it). Generally the page layout is portrait. Because there are no tabs, Times Roman tries to guess the width of a space- causing the strange layout.

(4) Try changing the page layout to landscape and the font to a fixed font, this will probably cure the problem.

-- Andrew J. L. Cary | I Reckon that the Opinions Senior Curmudgeon | expressed here DO represent Cary Consulting Services, Newark, CA | those of the management of ajlcary@ix.netcom.com | Cary Consulting Services