Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1996, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 May 1996 23:59:47 PDT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         TWB2%Rates%FAR@GO50.COMP.PGE.COM
Subject:      Andy and Werner Were Right--I Was Wrong--Probably

Regarding the "WinWord attachments," John W. forwarded me the original messages. They arrived the same way they did originally: with no introduction followed by garbage (once I saw them, I remembered deleting them). John assures me they are uudecodable at his site. This time, I tried two uudecoders and a MIME reader, and got nothing but errors everytime. It seems likely that these messages arrived at some sites as WinWord attachments, at some sites as uuencoded ASCII, and at some sites as garbage. I still hope to decode them to see if they have the virus, but if they are uuencoded WinWord documents then they probably have the virus as well.

Drat. I hate being wrong, particularly in front of 5,000 of my peers. Tim Berryhill twb2@pge.com