Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 31 May 1996 08:34:02 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Dr. German Angele" <german.angele@URZ.UNI-BAMBERG.DE>
Subject:      Re: Rasch

Leo G. Simonetta wrote: > > Is anyone aware of a SPSS Module or previously written program that > allows a series of test or battery items to be subjected to Rausch > Analysis? > > We also use SAS if anyone knows of an applicable PROC or program. > > TIA > -- > Leo G. Simonetta ARCLGS@LANGATE.GSU.EDU > HEY, this is MY cyberspace and I run it the way that I want to! > Grubor in 4mnqov$ihi@scramble.lm.com

Some years ago we used a program called PML to do Rasch analyses:

Gustaffson, J.-E., PML: A Computer Program for Conditional Estimation and Testing the Rasch Model for Dichotomous Items. Reports from the Institute of Education, University of Goteborg, 85, 1979.

I think we got it from IEC ProGamma, so I tried www.gamma.rug.nl and there I found: MSP 3 W. Molenaar, University of Groningen, NL P. Debets, University of Amsterdam, NL K. Sijtsma & B.T. Hemker, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, NL MSP, Mokken Scale analysis for Polytomous Items, offers scaling facilities for the nonparametric cumulative item response theory. The program can be used for the stepwise construction of one or more unidimensional scales from a pool of items. It evaluates the model fit of a given scale, including the assessment of its reliability and gives suggestions to remove certain items that spoil the fit. Also, it detects the extent to which the answer patterns follow the cumulative Guttman scalogram pattern, for an item order found from theory or from the data, by Loevinger's H-values, with statistical significance tests added. MSP is able to analyze and compare several subgroups in one run, and performs various tests and checks of the assumptions of monotone homogeneity and double monotonicity, underlying the models. DOS: US$ 375/DFL 595 | EDUCATIONAL: US$ 250/DFL 395 MSP 1.1 FOR MAC: US$ 185/DFL 295 | EDUCATIONAL: US$ 125/DFL 195

iec ProGAMMA P.O.Box 841 9700 AV Groningen The Netherlands

I hope this will help.

German Angele University of Bamberg, Germany