Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (July 1996)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Jul 1996 15:29:39 PDT
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Melissa Mack <Melissa_Mack@DOUGLAS.BC.CA>
Subject:      Recovering Transformations

Hello,

I was given a set of data with 71 variables in which transformations were performed to create an additional 15 variables. I am attempting to include additional cases to the original data set but I am unable to compute the values for the addtional 15 variables since there is no documentation. Is there some command or procedure in SPSS that will show me which variables were summed or recoded (similar to Excel)? I have asked the person who created the 15 additional variables and he no longer remembers!

P.S. The data set was entered in SPSSWIN 6.1 and is also currently being processed in SPSSWIN 6.1.

Thank you for your assistance.

Melissa Mack Psychology Lab Humanities and Social Sciences Department Douglas College New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada E-Mail: Melissa_Mack@Douglas.BC.CA Voicemail: 604-527-5631