Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Jul 1996 22:46:55 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Karsten Self <kmself@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Re[2]: Detecting Missing Files (WIN3.1 )?
Comments: To: Jack_Hamilton@HCCOMPARE.COM

Apologies to Jack & all. I just checked the URL and it's definitely not there. Alta Vista never heard of it either.

My original reference came from Jeff Polzin's SUGI 21 presentation, the URL was given orally at the presentation, I have it written in my copy of "Proceedings" (which is, naturally, at the office -- next to my copy of the Macro Enhancements & SCL Functions reference). If anyone else who was present at Jeff's presentation could confirm the address, I'll check on this tomorrow as well. Jack's comment that SAS doesn't seem have it together on this issue is well noted. However, I believe that both the macro enhancements and SCL functions were either late releases or experimental in 6.11. VMS and MF types *may* see these enhancements as part of 6.09e when it is released.

At 12:12 PM 7/1/96 CST, Jack Hamilton wrote: >Karsten Self <kmself@IX.NETCOM.COM> wrote: > >>With SAS 6.11, SCL functions are available to the DATA step and Macro >>facility. The FEXIST function should provide what you are looking for. >>Syntax for SCL functions, as well as macro enhancements alse introduced with >>6.11 are available as a postscript document from >> >> ftp://ftp.sas.com/techsup/download/misc/macroenh.psl >> >>...very much worthwhile. I'd give you the syntax, but I don't have a >>postscript viewer and my hardcopy is at the office.... > > >This URL didn't work, so I called SAS Technical Support to find out if the >file had been renamed or moved. > >The person I talked to had never heard of it, but promised to look into the >existence of documentation for SCL functions in the data step. > >When he called back, he said there although there was some draft >documentation, it had never been made public, and he didn't know when it would >be. > >It doesn't seem to me that SI is handling this very well. If SCL functions >have been made available in the data step, that should be documented and Tech >Support should know about it. And the SCL functions *should* be available - >they provide function that should have been there in the first place. ---------------------------------------- Karsten Self / kmself@ix.netcom.com ...internet immortality achieved: http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/puppets/HAMILTON.jpg

What part of gestalt don't you understand?