Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1996, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Jul 1996 12:44:41 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Raymond V. Liedka" <liedka@UNM.EDU>
Subject:      Re: GENMOD procedure
Comments: To: Emmanuel Jeudy <jeudye@ULB.AC.BE>

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Emmanuel Jeudy wrote:

> I am trying to deal with this procedure because I am actually dealing > with a subject very close to regression with ordinal response variable > (McCullag, 1980). But unfortunatly I had not been yet able to find the > (paper) documentation, which is much more convenient than the on-line > one.

If you are actually looking at the models in the 1980 McCullagh paper on regression models for ordinal variables, you will actually be better off using PROC LOGISTIC. That procedure fits the cumulative logit (aka the proportional odds) model that gets a great deal of attention in the paper. This proc is detailed in the 2-volume Statistics manuals.

Raymond V. Liedka Department of Sociology University of New Mexico