Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (August 1996, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Aug 1996 14:51:56 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Billy Kreuter <billyk@U.WASHINGTON.EDU>
Subject:      nobs in proc report: why isn't this simple?

I have a feeling that I must be missing something really obvious. Using proc report, I want to print on one page the value of a numeric ID variable for every record, and then follow this on the same page with the number of records in the dataset. But nothing akin to the following will do so.

proc report nowindows panels=99; columns idnum n; define idnum / display; define n / noprint; rbreak after / summarize; run;

This particular example will, of course, completely disregard "n", due to the noprint option. But I don't want an "n" printed with every value of "idnum". (For one thing, "n" is always 1 at the detail level.)

I assume that compute variables won't help too much, either.