Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1996, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Aug 1996 01:46:00 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Henk Meij <hmeij@CIESIN.ORG>
Subject:      Re: How to get county's names from the FIPs code

In article <SAS-L%96082211131178@VM.MARIST.EDU>, Luying Wei <wei-l%g93%OHSTSOC@OHSTSOCA.SBS.OHIO-STATE.EDU> wrote: >Folks: > I need to prepare a table for all of counties in the U.S.. It >will be nice if I can get the county's names by the aid of FIPs code, so I > don't have to type 3000 county's names. I called up SI, they told me >that SAS doesn't have this function. I am wondering whether someone knows > some information about it.

You have to be kidding...

ftp ftp.ciesin.org login: ftp address: <email address> cd /pub/census cd usa cd tiger get stcofips.txt

Coutesy of the Bureau of the Census. -Henk