Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Oct 1996 15:28:20 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard Dickinson <R-Dickinson@TAMU.EDU>
Subject:      No help for the needy? Stopping AF

I posted this inquiry awhile ago, but got no takers. Have I offended the group? Is it my breath?

I've got an AF application that works on a lot of data. The processing is usually done in a submit block and, depending on the request, can take as much as 4 or 5 minutes. Is there a way to gracefully halt the process (from user input-like maybe the user presses a CANCEL button which initiates an end of task)?

The reason I need this is that often users initiate a big request only to realize they didn't want such a whopper.

I believe hitting CNTR & ESC will do what I want, but I'd like something a little more elegant than that.

Thanks in advance,

Richard (SAS6.10 Windows 3.1)