Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Oct 1996 09:50:31 CST
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jack Hamilton <Jack_Hamilton@HCCOMPARE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Proc Contents - Postion option
Comments: To: "Cates, Randall C" <rccates@MKG.COM>

"Cates, Randall C" <rccates@MKG.COM> wrote: Date: 10/10/96 8:33 AM

> When I do a Proc Contents of a large dataset, I usually want to see the >vars in the order that I created them, which is Not alphabetic. So I >specify the Position option for Proc Contents. The annoying part is that I >always have to edit the output to delete the alphabetic list before I can >print it out. Anybody know of a switch in Proc Contents (or anywhere else) >that would allow me to not output the Alphabetic list? In other words, >just the first information (name, address, size of d'set, etc.), and the >Position list?

This doesn't answer your question, because it doesn't provide dataset-level information, but some of what you want could be gotten with:

proc sql;

select name, type, length, npos, varnum, label, format, informat, idxusage from sashelp.vcolumn where libname = 'SASUSER' and memname = 'AGENTS' order by varnum;