Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Oct 1996 04:23:21 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         FRS--LiteWate <faith@FRSA.COM>
Subject:      Re: What option to pretty up CGI output?
Comments: To: "Jeanne M. Spicer" <spicer@POP.PSU.EDU>

At 08:25 AM 10/11/96 -0400, Jeanne M. Spicer wrote: >I had the same problem. Go into Netscape's > General Preferences...Font >And change the Fixed Font to the SAS Monospace Font. That made the >curvy f's turn into a dashed line. There may be other fixed fonts that >will display correctly too, but I didn't explore further. > > Jeanne Spicer > Penn State > >On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Rdsdnen wrote: > >> OK... here's how I got it partially to obscure the output and it sure looks >> a lot better in Netscape now ;) >> options nocenter ls=120 ; >> proc tabulate noseps formchar=' . .... . . . ...'; >> >> If there is a better way, please let me know? >> -- >> rasanen@sprynet.com >> http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/rasanen/ >> >> Rdsdnen <rasanen@sprynet.com> wrote in article >> <01bbb6c2$9e442f80$e6d6aec7@vesahome>... >> > For example proc freq creates a line that looks like >> > >> ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff >> >> > VARIABLE NAME >> >

Jeanne, that solution is not a sufficient or global one. If one published their SAS output on the web, she would have to write 'instructions' on how to modify a web cruiser's browser preferences in order to properly view the output. Is is a good idea to 'require' that folks modify their preferences just to look at a web site??? Hmmm...

I'm researching a solution and I believe that it lies on the SAS Software side rather than the client side.

best...

-- Faith Renee Sloan (FRS ASSOCIATES) - A SAS Institute Quality Partner faith@frsa.com (WEB Site Design and Interactive Programming/SAS and Internet educator) http://www.frsa.com (world-wide-web home base) http://www.frsa.com/bbpage.shtml BodyBuilding Page a Pointgrrl for San Francisco Webgrrls sanfran@webgrrls.com -- http://www.webgrrls.com/sf