Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1996, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 21 Oct 1996 08:27:19 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   thang <residue@GNV.IFAS.UFL.EDU>
Subject:   Re: Data Entry Pkg Software

Steve Doliov wrote: > > Phyllis Haynen <phyllis.a.haynen@boeing.com> wrote: > : I tried to copy the 5 1/4 disks to 3 1/2, but the "key" wouldn't let me. > : Must be a safety feature so not just anyone could copy and make their own > : disks to access the data whenever they wanted. Some time ago, I looked at > : SAS/AF and it looked like it would take longer to set up something for a > ... > Phyllis, > There is a pice of software that is availabe either for free or for a > nominal fee that has been used widely in public health but it sounds > like it would compeltely meet your needs. this piece of software is > called Epi-Info. It allows you to set up data entry forms quite quickly > and simply, along with value checks. i dont know if it beeps at you if > you make an error. it also has the freature of writing the SAS program > required to read the data froma flat file (ascoii file format)., > i am quite sure you can find this on the web. > steve doliov

You can get Epi-info from www.cdc.gov site. thang