Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:09:21 GMT+800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Paul Carreno <PCARRENO@ACSERV.AD.COWAN.EDU.AU>
Subject:      DATES

Hi I have a dataset with 4 variables........which I can make numeric or character..depending on how easy isto solve theproblem I have...

I have month1 with values a la "mm" and year1 with values a la "yy".......simply a variable for month and another one for year... ie: month1 = 05 and year1 = 89;

I also have 2 other variables month2 and year2 with similar type of values...

The user wants me to give him a report of the time elapsed between month1 year1 and month2 year2 in MONTHS.......

the application was written sometime ago..and I can modify that.... all i have is an ASCII file with those values....

Can someone give me some idea on how to code the date calculation? I can make the values numeric or charcters to simplify the calcuation.

I will appreciate any assistance with this...

Paul Carreno