Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1996, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:48:21 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Holger Geissler <holger.geissler@URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE>
Subject:      Regression Analysis: What is c(p) for?

Hi SAS-Lers! I'm really sorry to disturb you with such an easy question, but I don't really understand what C(p) in Proc Reg means. I know it's Mallow's C(p) statistic, and it's something like r2, but what is the difference? And what does it mean, when C(p) is negative? Is a large C(p) good or bad? Any hits or literature?

Thanks in advance

Holger Geissler Universitaetsrechenzentrum Heidelberg