Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Jan 1997 22:17:32 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Necia A. Black, RN, Ph.D." <black@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU>
Subject:      SPSS compatibility question

Can anyone address the following question from an SPSS user who wrote me from Massachusetts. My hardware knowledge is woefully inadequate to anwer him. Thank!

Necia A. Black, RN, Ph.D. e-mail: black@acsu.buffalo.edu 231 Computing Center Web URL: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~black SUNY-Buffalo FAX: (716) 645-3734 Buffalo, New York 14260 Phone: (716) 645-3572

... another related question and wonder whether you have heard anything about this: I am thinking of buying a computer with a Cyrix CPU (as opposed to the more commonly sold Intel CPU). I have heard that Cyrix may not be compatible with certain games (which I don't care about), but have you heard whether there are any problems using SPSS with Cyrix systems? Have you heard about anything else that Cyrix will not support? Thanks for your input about this. Have a good week. Sincerely, Eric Metchik

DR. ERIC METCHIK EMETCHIK@MECN.MASS.EDU -----------------------------