Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Jan 1997 18:58:37 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Marso <marso@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: help: AMOS problem with binary files eg.

Lida, What do you do to produce this error? I attempted to replicate the error using system missing values in my SPSS file. No success. I believe my colleague who handles international support issues is looking into this. I am puzzled by my own failure to replicate the error. Can you provide us with more information? You might try to recode your system missing values to some other value to see if this helps. What version of SPSS created the file? What type of missing value definitions exist in the file? I have never seen this type of error message! My .Amj file also has the line $Missing = 1.7E+308 (system missing!!!)

David Marso SPSS Technical Support Representative Amos, Diamond, General Data Stuff, Macros

Lida Osecka wrote: > > Hi, > I have problem with the Amos 3.6. When I try to read some binary file, I > have got a message (edited): > --- > The analysis will not continue because an error was discovered > after reading line number [number] of the file [project file name]. > > This was the last line read: > $Missing = 1.7E+308 > --- > I find and suppose the line is a part of the *.amj file which is created > automatically running the Amos. Maybe missing data must be handled some > specified way. > > I asked for help the Amos support, but they send me message to ask the > SPSS as a seller. I did. But, maybe some of you resolved this problem. > > With many thanks, and sorry for bad English, > Lida Osecka