Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Jan 1997 01:54:32 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         DUFORFUN <duforfun@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: PROC ACCESS

Dear Baldur, It s me again .First of all thank you for help. I tried your way, however, SAS still gave the same error message as first time:

ERROR: Database error. Examine fields and/or messages below. Requested worksheet is invalid or does not exist in file.

I guess the command WORKSHEET= SHEETn does not work.

My program read like this:

proc access dbms=xls; create work.myxls.access; worksheet='SHEET1'; path='c:\workset\part3'; getnames=y; list; run;

Also, I noted that the SAS menu says in PROC DBLOAD you can issue command QUIT before LOAD. Unfortunately, if you do so, SAS will give you an error message. In practice, you must issue QUIT after LOAD.

Sincerely yours