Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1997, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 29 Jan 1997 11:07:34 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Karsten Self <kmself@PMSQUARED.COM>
Subject:   Followup: Multiple FILENAME PIPE in single dataset -- 6.11 HPUX /UNIX bug
Comments:   To: "sas-l@uga.cc.uga.edu1" <sas-l@uga.cc.uga.edu1>

I *think* I posted this question to the list, can't seem to find the message in my mail....

Resolution: There appears to be a bug appearing when using multiple FILENAME PIPEs used in a single data step under display manager, in version 6.11 of SAS on HPUX. This bug is not present in 6.12. Because 6.12 for HPUX has shipped (li'l birdie told me so), the bug will not be fixed in 6.11. This is a known bug on HPUX, I don't know whether or not it effects other UNIX platforms.

Synopsis: Using multiple filename pipes in a single data step causes processing to 'hang'. Selecting 'Interrupt' from the SAS Session Manager will allow SAS log NOTEs for the data step to be printed to the log, processing hangs again at this point. A second 'Interrupt' causes the DM session to close. We maintain an 'altlog' for DMS sessions -- no log output from the effected data step is written to the file (we haven't tried using the NOLOGBUF option). SI is aware of the situation, it appears to be a bug, and it will not be fixed in 6.11 as the bug is not present in the current release (6.12).

The same code in a batch (non-interactive) session will run successfully.

Sample code replicating bug: