Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Feb 1997 07:05:51 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Roland Rashleigh-Berry <RolandRB@NETCOMUK.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: Change internal order of var

You can change the order of variables using a length statement.

data dsn2; length a b c d 8; set dsn1; run;

RRB

Jian-Zheng Zhou wrote: > > I remember there were some disscussions about the way to change the variable > in a sas data file in this newsgroup before. It seems to me someone > suggested to use retain statement in a data step to change variable order.i > such as: > > data a; > set a; > retain var1 var2 ....; > run; > > But I tried it several days ago. It did not work. I probably did not > remember it correctly. Can someone tell me the correct way to change the > order of variables in a sas data set? > > Thank you in advance. > > -- > Jian-Zheng Zhou > Research Associate Tel: 301-405-1381(O) > Department of Animal Sciences 301-590-0902(H) > University of Maryland email:jz17@umail.umd.edu > College Park, MD20742 coral@marlowe.umd.edu