Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1997, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Feb 1997 10:16:19 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Robert Hamer <hamer@RCI.RUTGERS.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Proc Freq 6.12 question

It may be bad practice to follow up one's own postings, but... hamer@rci.rutgers.edu (Robert Hamer) writes:

>I'm not exactly sure what the question is, but if it is some >approximation of the following:

>"If I have user-define formats for a variable of length >greater than 16, is there a way to get PROC FREQ to only >use the first 16 characters?"

That should have been, "user-defined," and I meant that the format was of length greater than 16, which has nothing to do with the length of the variable.

That is, the issue if I understood the question correctly had nothing to do with either the variable type or length, but the lengths of the values used in the format. -- --(Signature) Robert M. Hamer hamer@rci.rutgers.edu 908 235 4218 Do not send me unsolicited email advertisements. I have never and will never buy. I will complain to your postmaster. "Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens" -- Schiller