Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Mar 1997 08:34:04 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Andrew James Llwellyn Cary <ajlcary@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: compiled macros

(1) Unfortunately I know of no way to decompile a macro in a meaningful way. To be able to do so would defeat one of the purposes of compiled macros (propreitary code distribution).

(2) Find the source code, port it to the PC and recompile it. Code can be ported using transport format catalogs.

Anouar Benmalek <Anouar.Benmalek@Uhb.fr> wrote in article <331E1A1A.4F6A@Uhb.fr>... > Hello, > Is it possible to "decompil" a SAS compiled macro so that > we can read how it is written? > An another question, which is related to the first: how > ca we use a SAS Unix-compiled macro so that we can use it on > SAS-windows? > Thank! > A.benmalek >