Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Mar 1997 16:55:56 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jon Bumbaugh <jon@DIMINS.COM>
Subject:      Responses to the SAS-L list

I am a newcomer to this mailing list and I may be way out of line in saying this, so please feel free to reprimand me if appropriate, but I notice that with a lot of very specific questions that are posed to the group, the respondent seems to think that the entire group will benefit from the answer when probably only the sender is the only one that really cares. It seems that this practice just creates that many more messages everyone else has to sift through.

Do I just not understand the accepted protocol, or are there in fact many more messages being sent than everyone really cares to see?

- Jon