Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 Mar 1997 23:26:35 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Rdumor <rdumor@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Assistance with comparing VB with SAS/Fr

My team does world wide MIS for a very large company and I've been working with SAS and VB applications for over 7 years. The best is to take advantage of both worlds.

We use SAS to data crunch and load summary data into SQL server tables, using proc dbload. Then my VB programmers go to town on the visualization part.

I've developed several application using AF and SCL, however there are more tools and off the self apps for VB then SAS.

Do it with VB, SAS is just not there yet for the PC world when it comes to building user interactive apps. Also something to think about is distribution, SAS will require a licenses for each user while VB only for the developer .