Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1997, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Mar 1997 01:28:31 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Douglas Nichols <dnichols@FHCRC.ORG>
Subject:      put those var labels?

I am trying to do a simple data _null_ that will print out a series of values calculated earlier and would like to put the variabel labels above. This, maybe just now, seems not to simple although I thought it would be. I am thinking that the step looks something like this

where vmin and vmax are the starting and ending numbers for the variabels

....assign variables labels as I go.....

labels look like this reg1 = ee4a, reg2 = dd4a,... etc....

%let spot = 40; %let tspot = 40; %macro getlab(); %do i = &vmin %to &vmax; %let loc = %eval(&spot + &i*10); call label(reg&i,lab); /* variable names are like reg1-reg10 */ /* i suppose lab would contain the labels */ put @&loc lab @; %end; put ; %let tspot = %eval(&loc + 10); %mend getlab;

data _null_; format dtox convfmt.; set ffinal; file print; by tox dtox; if _n_ eq 1 then link headit; if first.tox then put @2 tox @; ... put some values..... return; headit: %getlab put @2 "Toxicity" @30 "Degree" @; put @2 &tspot*"-"; return; run;

So if you have some input thanks!

dn