Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997)Back to main CICS-L pageJoin or leave CICS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Apr 1997 02:56:20 EDT
Sender:       CICS List <CICS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Annette Novak <deringno@IBMMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: CICS ASRA

Carson Williams wrote:

> I am running CICS 3.3 and we keep getting ASRA's. We will get these > abends in modules that have not been modified. When we do a newcopy on > these programs and resend the transactions the ASRA may disappear. After > awhile it may reappear in showing a different module that has not been > modified. Any suggestions on things I may check?

Recently I submitted a problem like this to the list. Maybe it would help you to read all the answers I received under "UNDETECTED STORAGE VIOLATION" - you should check whether it is an ASRA 0C1 (or 0C4, 0C7?). Sounds like the modules get overwritten. Check the PSW-address in the transaction dump and try to find out what storage-contents overlaid the module. Talk to all application developers if thay know where it can come from.

Tools like CICS Abend-Aid / FX or XPEDITER can help to solve the problem.

Good luck, Annette Novak, Deutscher Ring AG, Hamburg, Germany