Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:59:26 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jack Hamilton <Jack_Hamilton@HCCOMPARE.COM>
Subject:   Re: formatting macro variables in a title
Comments:   cc: Zuckier@CHIME.ORG

"Zuckier, Gerald" <Zuckier@CHIME.ORG> wrote:

>I'm forwarding this request from a friend: > >SAS question - URGENT - I want to solve this today. > >I need a macro variable to appear in a title. Nothing I can come up >with seems to work. Save me, if you can, or just tell me it can't be done >so I stop wasting my time. > >The real problem comes in when I want to FORMAT the macro var....

The program attached to the question was longer than I wanted to spend time studying, but another possibility is to use the BY VALUES IN TITLES feature, as described on page 161 of Tech Report P-222.

----------------------------- Jack_Hamilton@HCCompare.com HealthCare COMPARE Corp. West Sacramento, CA