Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Apr 1997 10:32:00 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Andrew Kowalczyk <Andrew.Kowalczyk@ANIXTER.COM>
Subject:      #BYVALn without NOBYLINE

Usually when I include a "BY" variable in a title I will specify OPTIONS NOBYLINE; but I want to get the standard byline displayed as well as putting the page break byvalues on the Page header. Something like this:

OPTIONS NOCENTRE; /* OPTIONS NOCENTRE NOBYLINE;*/ PROC PRINT DATA=COMP1 NOOBS LABEL WIDTH=UNIFORM; VAR VARA-VARD; BY DIVISION REGION STORE; PAGEBY REGION; TITLE1 'PRETTY HEADER THAT FOLLOWS CORPORATE STANDARD'; TITLE2 'AND MAKES LIFE EASY FOR INFOPAC'; TITLE3 'DIVISION:#BYVAL1 REGION:#BYVAL2'; RUN;

Unfortunately, the last page of any by-group has a header that shows the values for the first values on the NEXT page. I can see the logic in why this should happen, but I don't find it very useful. 1. Does anyone have any suggestions for work arounds. (I can recast this as a DATA _NULL_ with PUT statements - but I would rather not) 2. Can anyone explain why this should be the desirable behavior? (that is: "It's not a bug - it's a feature") 3. Is this a candidate for the SASware Ballot?