Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1997, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:47:46 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Rodney Sparapani <spara002@MC.DUKE.EDU>
Subject:   Re: Bonferroni correction?

Margaret Ann Goetz wrote: > > Hello: > > I'm currently working on a linear regression model with four independent > variables and sample size of 77. The set of regression models can be > described as exploratory. > > When I perform my final linear regression models, is it necessary to include a > correction for possible Type I error such as the Bonferroni correction? I'd be > particularly interested in arguments, both in favor of and against. > > And, if YES, how would the Bonferroni correction be correctly applied for each > model conducted? (e.g., 4 regression models at alpha =.05 becomes .05/4 or a > significance level of .0125 for rejecting each indep var as significant?)? > > Any help is very much appreciated!! Thanks in advance! > > Peggy >

Peggy:

I think what you are looking for is something like Holm's Sequentially Rejective Procedure, but I don't have a reference that you are likely to find in your library.

-- You can't pick your ex.

Rodney Sparapani Go Blue Devils. Duke Clinical Research Institute Go Packers.