Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 May 1997 15:03:11 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sharon Osborn Popp <osbornpo@ASU.EDU>
Subject:      Bug fix for ghost syntax window for NT4.0 and SPSS 7.5??

I have started using SPSS 7.5 Windows NT 4.0 and have a problem opening syntax windows. When I open a syntax window (either new, existing file, or pasting) I get a "ghost" window that only shows the title bar and border. It disappears if I grab the data editor window and sweep it over the screen, but NT still thinks it exists (there is an icon on my task bar as if it is still there). The tech support folks told me that this is a bug with a "work-around"; the work-around is to open a first syntax window (which should supposedly work correctly) and maximize the window - then all subsequent windows should be OK. The problem is, that I don't even get a normal FIRST syntax window anymore. I even tried reinstalling SPSS. (I have Service Pack 2 for NT4.0)

If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sharon Osborn Popp Research Assistant, Modeling Research Department of Physics and Astronomy Arizona State University PO Box 871504 Tempe, AZ 85287-1504