Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 4 May 1997 23:12:19 GMT
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Sebastien Plante <splante@GLOBETROTTER.QC.CA>
Subject:   Anova with nested interaction?

Hi there,

My problem is the following:

My anova has 3 fix factors (Temperature, Length and oxygen saturation) with 1 random factor (date).

The problem is that the random factor (date) is nested in 2 of the 3 fix factors (Temperature and Length) at the same time.

How do I analyse this design?

This is how I think the design should be, but I'm not totally sure.

Design=temp+length+o2+o2*temp+length*temp+length*o2+length*o2*temp+date(temp *length)+o2*date(temp*length).

Notice the following line: date(temp*length) Does this represent that the date is nested in 2 factors at the same time?

Thanks Sebastien Plante Master student in Oceanography Rimouski, Quebec, Canada