Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 May 1997 15:38:38 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Wulfsohn <mwulfsohn@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Biostatistics positions at Gilead Sciences

Medicine At The Core Of Life

Few biotechnology companies can offer you the promise and excitement of Gilead Sciences. We are a leader in the discovery and development of a new class of broad spectrum antiviral therapeutics that may provide powerful new treatments for CMV retinitis, HIV, influenza and other viruses. Here, you'll be a part of a company that takes pride in its achievements, knowing that patients may benefit from the products we create. Come join us in any of the following opportunities and contribute to our Biometrics group.

Manager, Biometrics ------------------- Acting as a team leader for a group of statistical programmers involved in NDA submissions, you will provide input on automating statistical reporting, design statistical analyses, and write up methodology and results sections of study reports. You will need a PhD and 5 years pharmaceutical experience. Applied statistical knowledge, experience with NDA submissions, excellent oral/written communication abilities, SAS programming skills (including macros), and knowledge of database design are required.

Statistical Analysts -------------------- Responsible for performing statistical analyses of clinical trial data, and writing analysis plans, results sections of clinical reports. You will also be involved in implementing an efficient programming infrastructure for automated tracking and reporting for clinical trials. This will include creating a library of SAS macros and resalable tools and maintaining a seamless interface between Clintrials, wordprocessors and SAS and connectivity for remote SAS users. You will also create a GUI report interface for clinical and data management users and provide users the ability to browse CRFs, data listings and summaries. Along with a Masters in Statistics and 5 years relevant experience, we require strong skills in these areas: SAS macros; SAS-AF; SAS-EIS; SAS-Graph; SAS-FSP; structured programming; UNIX. Excellent analytical, writing and communication skills are also essential.

Statistical Programmer ---------------------- You will perform analyses of clinical trial data, including listings, tabulations, graphical summaries and formal statistical estimates and tests. You will also edit specifications for quality control of data, perform cross study analyses and use SAS macros to automate all of the above functions. We will also rely on you to develop reporting analysis plans for new studies and assist in the preparation of NDAs. Your Master's degree in Statistics should be supported by 3 years of experience demonstating skill in the following areas: SAS-Stat, SAS-Graph, SAS macros, structured programming, and statistical analysis. Good oral and written communication abilities and analytical skills are required.

At Gilead, we are committed to developing important treatments for a wide range of viral diseases, from influenza to AIDS. As you will discover, we are as committed to opportunity as we are to scientific achievement. Interested candidates should send a resume, indicating position of interest, to: Human Resources, Gilead Sciences, Inc., 333 Lakeside Drive, Foster City, CA 94404, fax (415) 573-4800. Or check our website: www.gilead.com. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.

GILEAD SCIENCES