Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 May 1997 15:09:05 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mike from Ottawa <mev@TIKA.ON.CA>
Subject:      Re: SAS INPUT for PDS directory (MVS)

On Fri, 2 May 1997 14:15:00 -0400, Robert Schechter <robert_schechter@MERCK.COM> wrote:

> >I need to be able to read certain information from entries in my PDS >directory (MVS). I see basically how it's done from the SAS sample >library member PDSLIST. Can anyone give me the structure, or better yet, >the INPUT information to also obtain member creation date, change date, >and ID. > >Thanks, >Bob Schechter Try this - I adapted it from the notes in the SAS MVS companion manual:

//INF DD DSN=PROD.MV.CNTL,DISP=SHR //SYSIN DD * PROC SOURCE INDD=INF NODATA NOPRINT DIRDD=RAW;

DATA DATA1(KEEP=MEM MOD CREATDT CHANGDT TIME SIZE INIT UID); LENGTH TIME $ 5; INFILE RAW; INPUT MEM $CHAR8. TTR PIB3. IND PIB1. @; L = 2 * MOD(IND,32); IF L = 30 THEN DO; INPUT VER PIB1. MOD PIB1. BLANK PIB2. CREATE PD4. CHANGED PD4. HH PK1. MM PK1. SIZE PIB2. INIT PIB2. MODL PIB2. UID $CHAR8.; IF CREATE NE . THEN CREATDT = DATEJUL(CREATE); IF CHANGED NE . THEN CHANGDT = DATEJUL(CHANGED); TIME = PUT(HH,Z2.) || ":" || PUT(MM,Z2.); OUTPUT; END;

PROC PRINT UNIFORM N SPLIT="*"; TITLE "Contents of PDS"; FORMAT CREATDT CHANGDT DATE7.; ID MEM; VAR UID CREATDT CHANGDT TIME MOD INIT SIZE; LABEL MEM="Member*Name" CREATDT="Creation*Date" CHANGDT="Date*Changed" TIME="Time*Changed" UID="Modifying*Userid" MOD="# of Times*Modified" INIT="Initial*# of Lines" SIZE="# of*Lines";