Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 May 1997 13:48:29 GMT+1
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         TREVOR MCMULLAN <TCA.McMullan@ULST.AC.UK>
Subject:      SAS Career Info - Advice Please

I have 12 years SPSS, Minitab, a lot of Computing, a Maths degree, a little Science background, a teacher qual. My 12 years have been spent working for a university. I'd like to move and work as a Biostatistician working with drug trials, but I have no SAS experience. I hope to complete an M.Sc. in Biometrics from Reading (assuming I can get a place on the course!). What I'd like to know is how big a step is it moving from SPSS to SAS and has anyone on the list got a similiar background to mine and moved into the SAS/drug trial world? I'd like to hear your opinions for/against? I would have thought that with my experience my learning curve would be quite quick.

I would also be interested in the prospects for employment after the M.Sc. in Europe. I am 37 at the moment ... so there's still some life in this old dog yet!!!

Thanks for all yer help!!! Greatly appreciated.

Trevor

====================================================================== Trevor McMullan Internet: TCA.McMullan@ulst.ac.uk Computer Officer Telephone: (+44) 1504 375374 Magee College Fax: (+44) 1504 375626 (via Library) University of Ulster Interests include: Northland Road Statistics, Derry Developing Training Courses, N.Ireland WWW Publishing, BT48 7JL Computer Graphics