Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 2 May 1997 09:24:34 PDT
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Steve Schulz <SRS2%CI%BCS@GO50.COMP.PGE.COM>
Subject:   Re: Equivalent of function SLEEP on MVS
Comments:   To: benkirane_s@EUROCLEAR.COM

Samira, The WAIT=n option on a libname will cause the job to wait up to n minutes if the libary is enqueued. I haven't used it on filename statements, but I assume it will work there too. Don't have a manual handy so I can't check right now.

Steve Schulz srs2@pge.com

Sent by:Samira Benkirane <benkirane_s@EUROCLEAR.COM> On OS/2 system, there exists a function SLEEP(n) which allows SAS to sleep nseconds before to continue some process.Any idea about the equivalent function on MVS (Mainframe) ? OR anothersolution ?In fact, what I want to do is to run a batch program (see below) which assignsa PDS library, if the library is used by another user or job, retry to assign asecond time but not immediately (after for example 10 seconds = SLEEP(10)).Program:%macro assignf ; libname ..... ;%mend;libname .... ;%let _syslib = &syslibrc ;data _null_ ; if &_syslib ne 0 then do ; x=SLEEP(10) ; /* This function not recognised in MVS */ %assignf ; end;run; =====================================================================