Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 May 1997 16:24:23 -0300
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Josmar Mazucheli <josmar@GAUSS.DMA.UEM.BR>
Subject:      many ascii files

Hi SAS users,

Suppose that I have several ascii file to be read as a sas datasets (SAS Win 6.08). For example, I have the following files in c: directory.

data1.dat; data2.dat; data3.dat,...,data999.dat, data1000.dat,...

Question: Is it possible to do this in an iteractive manner? Such as, doing a loop.

I can do this as bellow:

data data1; infile "c:\data1.dat"; input a1-an@@; run;

data data2; infile "c:\data2.dat"; input a1-an@@; run; . . . data data100; infile "c:\data100.dat"; input a1-an@@; run; . . . .

but, in my problem this procedure is too hard.

Thanks