Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1997, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 May 1997 16:00:30 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         David Heck <david.heck@PRUDENTIAL.COM>
Subject:      sas macro libraries..

Ok , I give up. I just don't get it. I understand Macros(to a point) I understand macro libraries too. What I'm trying to do is set up a macro library where I can 'call' my own macros(namely : repetitive arrays,and several standard proc prints etc. etc....whatever, you get my point...) I'm working on the mainframe in a VM or TSO/MVS environment. so here are my questions:

1) What does my PDS library have to have in order for this to work in the first place or can I just have it as a fixed block, lrecl of 80?

2) How do I get my SAS Code to recognize this library, so I can just call the files?

3) Am I totally missing the boat with the 'CALL' statement and should I try something else?

I would appreciate any coded examples, as I Learn better that way. Just include a little narrative so I'm not totally lost. Thanks, David Heck You can reach me at Dheckcranford@worldnet.att.net over the weekend or david.heck@prudential.com any other time. Thanks again!