Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1997, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 24 Jun 1997 08:30:45 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Don Stanley <don_stanley@IBM.NET>
Subject:   Solaris SAS Abends and Tivoli

Our SAS 6.12, Solaris 2.5 OS system with 4 processors, 192 Mg memory and more disk than anyone really needs constantly, like at least daily, has segmentation violations for someone, not always the same person in our team. The violations can be bizarre in that for insatnce on Sunday I was the only person logged on and got a violation immediately upon trying to open a file using FILE -- OPEN. We thought they may be related to very long macro programs we run.

However our sys op finally around to checking system logs and told me that our Systems Management product, Tivoli, abended within about 1 minute after my segementation violation. I am forming a hypothesis that Tivoli has some problem that impacts SAS. Afte rTivoli went down, I was immediately able to log back on and had no problems through the day. Tivoli was not restarted as no-one was there on Sunday to do it.

Question is, has anyone noticed constant Segmentation Violations in SAS in the presence of Tivoli on Solaris?

Thanks Don

========================================================================Don Stanley: Don Stanley Consulting Limited Box 14554, Kilbirnie, Wellington NEW ZEALAND Ph 0064 025 479 863, Fax 0064 04 386 2038, email don_stanley@ibm.net

President: SAS Users Group of New Zealand