Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jul 1997 12:58:00 EDT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Naden, Dave (SSS/AHCPR)" <dnaden@AHCPR.GOV>
Subject:      comma-delimited input question

I'm reading a WWW server log file, which is comma-delimited, so I use the DLM=',' option on the INFILE statement. However, some of the data items are long character strings containing commas themselves. Then I noticed that if it's really a delimiter separating two data fields, it always has ', ' (comma, space). So my question is, is there a way to tell this to SAS, or do I have to read the data as long $200 strings and parse it myself? Thanks for any insights. -Dave Naden