Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1997, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jul 1997 23:51:10 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Steve Hanks <100265.2023@COMPUSERVE.TUFFLUCK.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to delete external files?

Haibin Shu wrote: > > Try > filename out 'file physical location'; > data _null_; > file out; > put ; > run; > > The file will be empty. > Haibin > > hshu@stat.purdue.edu > > On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Joe Lin wrote: > > > I need to erase some files in my file system from my SAS program. Does > > anyone know how to do this(data step? proc datasets?) other than > > issuing a X command? > > > > Thanks > > > >

Someone can help me out here, I'm sure......

If you have 6.12, you can now issue SCL functions via a macro call whose name I can't remember (possibly %SYSFUNC(scl function)?). If you have AF this should be a better solution..... the file is deleted.

Steve