Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 12 Aug 1997 15:38:44 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Randy Collica <Randy.Collica@HLO.MTS.DEC.COM>
Subject:   Re: QSIM experience?

Hello Joern,

Well, I've noticed that in my industry (ie. Semiconductor manufacturing) that folks don't really want to build the simulation, they already want a turnkey application that will simulate their situation! SAS does not want to get into creating a simulation for each and every industry, so they made it very generic and allows users to build the models. Unless you are in "pure" operations research, I don't think that this simulator will find much use in industry unless one has the time to spend to make up all the appropriate models.

Regards, Randy Yield Engr.